- Necklaces and Chains
- La Lune Necklace
La Lune Necklace
12 35 CA$12.00 - CA$20.00
La Lune means the moon in French!
Beautiful gold-plated or silver necklace
20" long (falls just longer than the collar bones)
Very pretty and on a delicate chain!
Gold chain is surgical stainless steel
Silver chain is brass
All my chains are brass and will discolour when exposed to skin oils, perfumes, lotions. I suggest keeping jewelry out of any water which means making sure to remove it before showering or swimming to slow the speed of change in colour!
How to Clean Brass:
There are numerous ways to clean solid brass. Your approach should depending on the level of dust, dirt, or tarnish that has built up. Here are a few tips and techniques:
- Start with hot, soapy water and a microfiber cleaning cloth: Go over all of the surfaces thoroughly with the cleaning cloth, using a clean toothbrush to get into any crevices. Rinse with warm water and dry thoroughly.
- For tougher cleaning jobs, pull out the ketchup, tomato sauce, or tomato paste. Simply rub a thin coat onto the brass, let sit for an hour or so, and then clean the piece with hot, soapy water.
- Another option is to make a paste of equal parts salt, flour, and white vinegar. Apply the paste to the brass and let sit for up to an hour. Rinse with warm water and buff dry.
- An alternative natural cleaning combination is salt and lemon. Cut a lemon in half and remove the seeds. Coat the cut half of the lemon with table salt and rub it over the surface of the brass, re-coating the lemon with salt as needed. Once you’ve covered the entire surface, buff to a shine with a clean, dry cloth. You can also make a paste using two parts cream of tartar powder to one part lemon juice—rub the paste on the brass, let sit for 30 minutes, rinse with warm water and buff.
- Commercial metal cleaners and polishes can also be effective for cleaning brass and are commonly available at most home centres and supermarkets. Leading products available on Amazon include Brasso, Bar Keepers Friend, Never Dull, Cameo, Hagerty and Blitz.